Only one week into blogging and I’m already being picked on! J/k, j/k. I was tagged this evening by the lovely Andrea of bella eats [and runs] and now feel like the new kid on the playground who’s been chosen for the kickball team. Hooray!
– Link the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog
– Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself
– Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links
– Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
Since I am the new kid on the block and don’t want to lose all credibility over here, I figured I’d balance out the 7 random and/or weird facts with 7 normal facts. Today, I bring you Normal Facts. Check back tomorrow for Random and/or Weird Facts, which will most likely be more revealing of my true character…
1. I’ve lived in New York City for over two years, but grew up in St. Louis, MO. Whenever I tell people where I’m originally from, I say St. Louis and leave off the Missouri. It means the difference between suburbia and farmland. Not that anything’s wrong with farmland, but people mistakenly tend to think that’s all the Midwest’s got going for it.
2. I am the oldest of three children, one Labrador retriever and one Persian cat. Past members of our family have included a lop-eared rabbit, a hamster and a multitude of fish. I unfortunately have no pets of my own right now – roommate is allergic!
3. My parents are empty nesters as of one year ago – minus the dog and cat of course. They now spend their days throwing wild dance parties in the backyard, learning to fly jumbo jets and traveling to exotic locales. Just kidding! But they did go to Chicago last weekend.
4. I graduated from Northwestern University in 2006 with a double major in art history and psychology. I am neither an art historian nor a psychologist.
5. So what do you do?! I work as an Account Planner for an advertising agency. Basically, this means I’m in charge of figuring out what makes consumers tick and using that knowledge to guide the strategic direction of a brand. You can often find me sitting behind a one-way mirror watching and analyzing focus groups for market research. I’m currently assigned to a soon-to-be-launched women’s health product that will be getting a LOT of media attention once it’s on the market. Suspenseful, right?
6. I am lucky to have a wonderful boyfriend who serves as my very willing taste tester. I would say he’s my critic too, but he’s pretty easy to please. Hi Dan!
7. Besides baking, some of my [normal] hobbies include reading, wining and dining, doing crossword puzzles and hitting the gym. My younger self played volleyball and racquetball – it’s not just for old men anymore! – and took a lot of art classes.
And that’s my normal side. Get excited for the random and/or weird Ashley to come.
In the meantime, how about all of you share some Normal Facts about yourself?